Thursday, September 17, 2009

First Blog in my life !!

Hello out there! This is my first effort at blogging. I'm absolutely new to this, but I was motivated to try by watching a chessy movie recently and decided to see what happens.

I'm calling this Lacrosse World because lacrosse is my favourite sport. I love everything about it: the speed, the toughness, the skill level, the teamwork, but, most of all, I love the passion and committment that players, coaches and fans have for the game. It is not a hugely popular game in the world, but those who play, watch or follow it become instant fans.

It is a game which has ancient and spiritual roots. The first nations people devoted themselves to the game, making it part of their faith structure, and also used it as a way of healing, training, and expression.

All these things combine to create a strong feeling in lacrosse devotees. But, more than that, these things combine to create a way to approach life itself. The qualities that make a good lacrosse player also make a good person.

Therefore, I plan to use lacrosse as a platform to express my views on all aspects of life itself. I will probably baffle some potential readers who don't "get it" because they probably have never experienced lacrosse. But it is my hope that those who share my love of the game ( and, therefore , love of life ) will enjoy my thoughts and feel free to engage me in honest and open
discussion and debate.

So, there it is. I have no idea what to do now !! Good luck to me !!

No comments:

Post a Comment